May 2021 Update
As the government has announced that we can reopen from May17th , we wanted to update you
with what that means for coming to visit us.
- Rule of Six: The same as previously, the rule of six or the two household rule means that we can
only accommodate a maximum of six people on one table, either from the same household or
two households maximum. This includes babies and young children
- Social Distancing: Wider social distancing rules still apply i.e. two metre distance or one metre
- Face Coverings: Our team will still be wearing face coverings and when ever you are not at your
table, you must also be wearing a face covering.
- Drinks: You are welcome to join us just for drinks but you can not go up to the bar. Full table
service will be offered in our bar area.
Whilst we are so happy to be reopening our doors we still have to ensure everyone’s safety and
there are still laws requiring us to ensure that our guests follow the rules. So please help us to
keep you safe and make sure you have an understanding of the requirements.
we have taken the decision to stop doing takeaway after this weekend 26/11/2020. We plan to spend the next two weeks getting ready for what will be a very short festive season (hopefully our doors will reopen before the end of the year ) and working on our plans for the new year.
We can not thank everyone enough for the continued support we have received whilst operating takeaway - we are so overwhelmed and eternally grateful.
Yet again we are having to close our doors as advised by UK Government. The enforced closure is currently set for four weeks and we plan to reopen on December 2nd unless advised differently.
We will be offering takeaway Thursday through to Saturday 5pm until 9pm for collection only.
We have setup an online ordering and payment system for you to place your order with us securely
When placing your order use the discount code: TAKEAWAY15 for 15% off your order.
Stay safe everyone and we will see you again soon.
As per the updated government legislation from Wednesday 14 th October, we can now only allow
table bookings from people within the same household. The only exception to this is if you are
sitting outside. Even if you are outside, the Rule Of 6 still applies.
We understand that this is quite frustrating but we all have to work together to ensure each others
safety. Please understand that this isn’t our choice, we are just following the new legislation to
allow our doors to stay open.
- You will be required to wear a face mask upon entering, exiting and moving around the restaurant, yes we're afraid that means even to go to the loo. If you forget your mask, don't worry as we'll have some for you.
- As has always been the case, it will be full table service, even just for a drink and even to pay the bill. We will come to you.
- Already in place, our team will continue to wear face masks. If you're hard of hearing, please let us know so we can move our masks away to make it clearer for you. We will of course stand the appropriate distance away.
- Whilst we have a system in place to record details for track and trace, for your convenience, we ask you to download the NHS Track and Trace app and scan the QR code that will be at our entrances. We will still be doing temperature checks as an additional measure to keep us all safe.
- And lastly, we have to be closed for 10pm. This will change our weekend kitchen service times to 9pm instead of 930pm, so we can ensure that you're not rushed and can enjoy your evening with us.
Following government directives to keep our staff, business partners and customers safe,
we closed our doors back in March along with the rest of the hospitality industry.
Life has changed for us all over the past few months and we, like you, have been doing our
best to navigate the new ‘norm’
We are so looking forward to reopening and welcoming you back to our restaurant,
however until the government confirms its position on dates and procedures for hospitality
businesses, we are unable to confirm an exact date when we will open or how many
customers we will be able to accommodate at one time.
We have prepared comprehensive guidance for our staff in terms of hygiene and social distancing
measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff business partners and customers.
We will be posting regular updates on our social media platforms to keep you informed of our
expected opening date. We are so looking forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant.
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty and given the escalation of the coronavirus
crisis, it is with great sadness that we are calling last orders at our restaurant, for now.
We want to take this opportunity to thank our amazing team who have been doing an
incredible job over recent weeks in increasingly challenging circumstances.
Our utmost priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, business partners and
customers. We want to wish you good health and thank you for your support now, and in
the weeks and months to come. We look forward to when we can re-open our doors and
welcome you back to our restaurant again
Our hearts and compassion are with those who have been personally affected by this virus
and those who are caring for them.
El Futuro Wine & Tapas Bar is a family run business for you to enjoy the finest authentic Spanish food with excellent wine, in a modern, stylish and relaxing atmosphere.
Located at the Lakeside in Doncaster overlooking beautiful surroundings and a stunning lake, El Futuro Wine & Tapas Bar is a hidden gem for those looking for the finest authentic Spanish gourmet food and excellent wine.
Our wine list has been hand picked for you, based on the owners travels to numerous parts of the Mediterranean, Spanish Wineries and following advice from Spanish Wine suppliers which we are sure you will love.
Our aim is to bring a touch of the Mediterranean to Doncaster, combining the finest Spanish food with authentic imported ingredients all freshly cooked.
We invite you to enjoy the taste of our tapas creations and our excellent wine list, and a view that takes your breath away.
We aim to create varied menus together with a daily Specials Board which are specifically selected to compliment our wines. The dishes change regularly and we use local and authentic Spanish produce.
We are passionate in what we do and will always do everything we can to offer you the best in everything, including wine, food and most importantly customer service.
Every member of our team works hard to make every experience as enjoyable as it can be for you , our valued customer.
We hope you enjoy your visit with us.
Owners: Caroline Sutherland, Neil Sutherland, Katie Martin and Nicholas Martin